Monday, October 25, 2010

Other Refugees

I don't know if the Sikh mom ever got to keep her child or what happened to her. There was another hapless soul that ended up on my floor later. I was out in the world in my-mid thirties and divorced and climbing back stairs in several different places around the city. One of the ladies I knew and had an ill-timed relationship with and was just friends with had another ill-timed lover show up on her door step. The stranger was a cute little blonde from Sweden, who had fallen madly in love with my lady friend during her last trip to Europe. And she was so smitten, that she threw everything aside to follow my friend to LA. My lady friend didn't want her (I don't think she was out to her parents about bi-nature and couldn't deal with the introductions, it was also apparent that, for my friend, this had only been a fling. So the cute stranger came to stay with me for a couple of weeks. We played a lot of Go. She moaned about her love for the lady in question. She finally realized that she was being rejected, and so went up to San Francisco to try to find work and figure out what was next. She had a couple of other friends up there. I gave her my daughter's Social Security card to use. About a year later, she mailed it back to me with a note and said she was going back to Europe. I never beat her at Go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was able to get my ex back after I followed the instructions at www.saveabreakup.com I totally recommend this site, saveabreakup.com helped me a lot, all I can say is big THANKS!!! I'm so happy now...