Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Been There Myself

I took a three week vacation once -all at once. My girl friend at the time didn't want to go with me. I was heading back to New Orleans to see all of my friends there and then driving up to Tennessee to see a friend and his wife and then to my brother's house and then to my Mom's house in Missouri. The girl friend didn't want to come because she didn't want to meet my family. I knew what was coming. We had already broken up and had gotten back together a couple of times. I got to New Orleans and stayed with Lana and hooked up with Jan and Cary and got to have breakfast with Fred. I was hoping one of the two women there that I felt something for might adopt me and keep me, but it didn't happen. So off I went to Tennessee where I drank too much homemade wine and got sick and went on to my brother's where I was a hit,cause I brought New Orleans sweatshirts to the teenagers in the house and it was there that I got the call. She had slept with so and so in my absence. She didn't know what we were doing any more. I knew what we were doing before I left. So I went off on a Greyhound to Missouri- the lousiest bus ride of my life.  

We all are refugees. This is my favorite song of late:

No comments: