Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wednesday Night

A few weeks ago, I found a Meet-up Site for Folk Music and wanting something different than the increasingly stupid open mic night I was going to on Wednesday, I got excited about this place and the thought of doing an Irish music jam in a real pub. The first Wednesday was fun, and bunch of people showed and we played together and it was very disorganized. The organizer put up music for the next one the following Wednesday. It rained a bit and the organizer canceled it. Four of showed up anyway. The organizer disappeared- probably done in by pissed musicians. Anyway, so I encouraged everyone to try one more time and we get there to find that the space we were to use is being remodeled. I hadn't thought to call the pub. I assumed if they agreed, they agreed to host it. The manager said he had no where else for us to jam.
All of this wasn't helped by a very large headed blonde hostess told me immediately that we couldn't meet and that I should call Annie. (Who had disappeared.) I had also made plans to meet people for dinner there before jam. Two of the folk that were going to join us stood us up. The waitress wanted to move us to a smaller table, after we sat there for twenty minutes. The food was over priced for what we got. And after talking to the manager it was apparent that he had no plans to accommodate anything. So I went home.
This was our organizer- very cute. I think she didn't get what she wanted so she flaked. Or worse, she's handled by the Irish Mafia and its curtains. Had a nice voice...
I've just contacted a place about starting the group I had imagined. Let you know if it happens.


No comments: