Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Actor's Studio

Well, I finally hooked up with the guy. Apparently, every Monday might, there is a staged, directed reading of members' plays before a group of writers and directors and you get feedback. And of course this is for very experienced writers with very experienced work and he dropped a couple of recognizable movie director names. I told him I was looking for a group of actors to work with. That I've already passed up a similar group in Santa Monica which was the same concept (thou on a much smaller scale) and the play has already been work-shopped with writers. Actually I did belong to a group that met over in the valley very similar to the concept but finally gave up because they were a bunch of idiots with nothing much to say of value about my stuff and you were expected to appear every week, if you wanted to see your stuff done once a month. At that rate, you might finish one project in 5 years. I told him I would pass.
Onward.

No comments: