Friday, March 25, 2011

Stupid Parent Tricks #2

One of the bears was doing AP Art in High School. I decided I needed to discuss "Significant Form" with her and made her cry. Took her out on the back deck at night and discussed how to capture the essence of things. It was really about my own problems I've had with my own ability to paint anything meaningful. I also kibitzed through on a piece of artwork she was working on and added my own twist to it. Never do any of this at home.


And one should probably not read books about the theory of art written by someone who is not an artist.
But what do I know- painting has always been very difficult for me. (I was born with an older brother who had more talent than I did, although he never did anything with it.) This was the bear with the natural eye for "Significant Form."

No comments: