Friday, March 11, 2011

Stupid Parent Tricks

When one of the bears was in elementary school, I took it on myself to try to force her to drink milk. The other two drank milk. I drank milk. I even allowed them lousy cardboard sugar coated cereal so they could pour milk over it. She didn't like it. So I choose my battleground as a late sleep-in Saturday morning  Poured her a glass (a small glass) and asked her to drink it. Then I told her to drink it. Then I told her she had to sit there until she drank it. Then I recalled why I never did this. I hated it when my mother made us sit at the table until we finished something on our plate that we didn't like. -as the horrid food is getting colder and yuckier because you won't touch it and it makes you gag. I realized the error of my ways and scooped ice cream into the milk to see if that would help the situation. She nibbled at the ice cream floating there like a dead soldier in the river. Finally we gave up. She doesn't drink milk to this day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i put it in cereal! ....that has to count for something?

- allie