Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Submitting the play- round two

Sarah,

Thanks for your patience. I did about seven on-line submissions yesterday, thinking that I'd start with those first. I am still mulling over the ending and haven't written a synopsis as of yet. I really want to work in a cooperative setting with actors where the play could earn its molding and accents. I've been told by someone that has not read the play that I've written a play about a child molester. Should I decide I need to do a synopsis and submit it formally like so many theater companies seem to want, I may resubmit it to you. At this point it feels like a self-fulfilling prophecy-  I know what your readers reaction will be to the synopsis, so why bother?

The characters need to speak to the audience or the readers, no?

Thanks again

Dan McNay

On 3/23/2011 2:02 PM, The Blank Office Manager wrote:
Hi Dan,

I am sorry, but because we receive so many submissions each week, we request
that the submission package include those 3 items. We do not dismiss
anything because of a synopsis, rather, it helps our readers have an
understanding of the play since they are only reading 20 pages. 

Sarah A. Bauer
Office Manager
info@theblank.com 

The Blank Theatre Company
P.O. BOX 38756
Hollywood, CA 90038
(323) 871-8018 office
(323) 661-9827 ticket line
www.TheBlank.com

No comments: