Monday, March 7, 2011

The Current Writer's Group

So for Sunday, we have:
Laura's "Stranger Things"
E. J.'s _The_Journey_ , Chapters Seventeen & Eighteen, and _The_Good_Earth_Village_, Chapter One
Rosaliene's Chapter Sixteen
Takiko's Chapter Two
Barry's "A Puzzle at the Pub"
Shelley's "Salmon Steaks"


Daniel B.'s Chapters Thirteen and Fourteen

Not to mention my stuff, which I've not even submitted because I wasn't going to be at the meeting. 

This amounts to about 100 pages to read between now and Sunday. Some of the folks are just writing endlessly without any interest in honing their craft. Some think they are brilliant (like me) and no one can tell them anything. Takiko says she's really not rewritten this chapter very much. I think I'm tired. And I don't feel like I'm getting much out of the group and I feel like only one or two of them hear me when I talk about their stuff. I'm about ready to start putting together the scenes for the new novel. Do I really want to spend my spare time reading the beginners' stuff? What are the alternatives?

No comments: