Monday, August 1, 2011

What to do?

Well, I've finally finished 467 pages of Volumes 1! There are an additional 200 pages of notes, Appendixes, References and assorted other scholarly activities. I looked through it for references to the Gilders and relatives and pretty much found what I already am aware of. The narrative is funny, and touching and sad and well worth doing if you have six months or so.

"Mark Twain dictated much of the book from a big rumpled bed. Reading it is a bit like climbing in there with him," -Roy Blount Jr. (Blurb from the back of the dust jacket) This is very true.

I think I'm done for now. Will not doubt go back to the notes later when I start starting on the Gilder project.

http://helenadekaygilder.org/marktwain/index.htm if you want to know what I know

No comments: