Thursday, August 25, 2011

Another Nail In The Coffin of the Little Guy

This is Roz & partner. I sent the application in in May with a check. The trouble with being tall, is that people remember you. I was in the self-published area the first year I was there and then they did away with it. I came back the next year because I am a book dealer. They bumped me from a corner with traffic because she's friends with this weird women's coop that took my spot.I didn't go last year. I cannot believe that they didn't get my application way before all the other exhibitors. They also did not respond a month ago when I tried to find out status. Perhaps they didn't remember me. Which is even more angering. Anyone want to protest the book machine that rolls on without a concern about anything that is not chick lit?
 
 
Hi Dan,

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner.

We have much less space than normal due to construction in the park, and have had to reduce our number of exhibitors this year. Unfortunately, we will not be able to feature 'Round The Block Books this year.

We should have more space next year, and we hope you'll apply.

Thank you.

Yours,

Roz Helfand
Director
West Hollywood Book Fair



-----Original Message-----
From: Dan McNay [mailto:mcnay@mosis.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 4:16 PM
To: Roz Helfand
Subject: 'Round The Block Books

I submitted an application with an enclosed several months ago for an table/ booth at the event. I have not heard from anyone there and I am not listed at an exhibitor. Can you tell me the status of my application?

Dan McNay
'Round The Block Books

No comments: