Sunday, August 28, 2011

Weekend- What I did and wished I'd done

Let's rewind my week-in. Its about ten, I just finished de-cluttering my studio space. Rearranged my books into the added space (we had emptied a couple of bookshelves by moving all our picture albums into the new found space of my son's not longer occupied bedroom), made a good place to sit and practice the banjo, dusted shelves and got rid of the books sitting atop books look

This was after a 30 mile bike-ride with three guys working on their Boy Scout Cycling Merit Badge. Two of them actually finished today. We rode from Westchester up the bike path on the beach to Vence & Santa Monica and back. Venice and Santa Monica looked and felt like this. It was hot, but the beach was breezy and cool all day, although there were thousands of people out. We stopped on the Santa Monica Pier for Ice Cream and Onion rings. Left at noon, got back at five.

Went to the Red Ribbons Square Dance Saturday night. Did pretty well for being just beginners. Saw everybody we've gotten to be friends with. Left early cause we had been painting all day.

Painted my empty bear son's room most of the day. Had done the prep earlier. About this color.

Friday night, while my last bear at home had a party to celebrate the end of summer, I got sloshed and built Facebook and Myspace pages for the band. Wayne calls me because the event defaulted to Saturday's date for a gig we've booked in October. He wanted to know if we were playing tomorrow.

What I missed is below.

No comments: