Sunday, January 2, 2011

3:00 AM

It's 3 in the morning and I've already been up once and back to bed. We had a wonderful party on the 1st in the afternoon. Music galore and written pieces read aloud. And two of my bears played and sang. And everyone had a great time. I've been over-stimulated. Coming where I came from, you think about things a lot. It was my reaction to the craziness of one parent who had a lot of potential for violence. My writing has come out of that. My brother found Jesus. The brain works and works and spills over. I write novels and paint and write poetry and now write songs to direct it away from these 3 am wanderings. I used to get up and turn the sound off on the TV and make up stories for the images there. I really really hate lying in bed and having my mind churn on endlessly. It doesn't pay and it doesn't solve or fix anything. You get used to the process though. At 58, I know its never going away. I just hope, if my brain starts to shut down in old age, that it leaves with my ability to think, otherwise I will be a lot for someone to handle.
There was a wonderful bit in Proust in the first book about wrapping one's self in ones dreams for that final trip and carrying all of it with you to eternity.
My littlest bear used to have some of over-thought process going on. Hope it's gotten better for her. I'll have to ask her.
Anyway, I have all day tomorrow. Probably skip yoga and take a book to the couch in the sun and pretend to read and snore the afternoon away. In the sun with a book on your chest is the best place in the world to shut it off. The beach is another wonderful place not to think. It may be why I ended up on the coast.
The best place to think is on a bike ride or on a city bus. The mind just wanders in those settings like a concerto in progress. I solve all of my creative work problems on my morning bike ride.

Well, we start again. The mice are actually busy cheerful little things. Just trying to do their job.

No comments: