Monday, January 24, 2011

I'm sure I did it

I haven't been able to find it, but there was a catalog from Monterey Community College with me listed as running a Writer's Workshop. It was brown and looked like a little chapbook. Things were pretty loose in those days. I recall going to a meeting at the college and offering to do it and told them that I ran the Workshop in New Orleans, which I really did for a while. So they gave me a class to run. I wasn't being paid, that must have been the reason it was so easy. I only did it for one quarter. I sort of remember some young faces and absolutely none of the writing we worked on. Or any of the people. Perhaps I should just claim some writers that are publishing best sellers that are the correct age and swear that they were all there in my workshop. This was '76. I was finishing my very first full novel- which still remains not so hot. The words flow and flow. I fell in love and it was time to move on to SF. Now that I think of it, I don't think anyone ever saw the book except those folks that turned me down for publishing it. And the typist. I didn't read it to any one in the workshop. Maybe the ex-wife read it.

No comments: