Sunday, January 23, 2011

A entire day of music

This is what it looked like in Long Beach in Saturday morning. I'm in the back just left of the tree, The old guy to my left was playing the dobro really well. I gave him my banjo because he said he had wished he brought his. But when he started to play, he was having trouble because everyone was playing too slow. I was telling everyone that we're in trouble if he comes back with his banjo. I had problems, it took me a while to get my sense of rhythm going and then I keep getting lost in trying to follow the music. The jug band rehearsed at my house the night before and we played from 7 to 11. Maybe my brain had music hangover. I wonder what the cure is? (I used to tell people that the cure for a real serious alcoholic hangover was a pound of bologna, a loaf of bread and a 1/2 gallon of apple juice- if you could down all that without throwing up, you were cured.)  I took a break to go grocery shopping and then headed back down near here for a gospel jam at a lady's house (who usually comes to this thing in the park). A bit too much Jesus, but the music is good and the company was better. The music was all around me growing up in Indiana. There used to be gospel hours on the radio on Sunday mornings. Still too much Jesus. The lady and her husband ordered in pizza and salad for all. I'm supposed to be eating salad these days, but haven't had pizza in a long long time. It was very good.

No comments: