Monday, January 31, 2011

What I Did Last Week

I'm the Art Merit Badge Counselor for our Troop (that my son graduated from 6 years ago) Staples, with the Laker Org has this annual kids contest for a Laker Poster. The winner gets a $1,000.00 (The fine print says, I discovered after I did this, was the prize is actually a $1,000.00 Gift Card for Staples). So, the question was: how do you take the parameters and create something that looks like the kids really did do it and it doesn't look too horrible. I'm the Collage man, if nobody's realized it yet (take a look at my glue and oil paint things on the Redbubble link here) So I printed out a whole bunch of Laker photos and told the kids to cut them out and tape them on these little squares of fabric they gave us and draw the rest. The ribbons were supplied as well as the markers to draw with. The kids taped and drew Monday night and I called in sick Wednesday and spent the whole day gluing and tying the whole thing together. Only ended up with 4 Kobes on it. I was hoping for less, but that's who the kids know. What do you want? It's kids art. 

No comments: