Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Night Before Christmas


Every Christmas eve, we read the poem. The kids are 21 and 16, but we still do it. Another few Christmases and we may not be together at this time of year. I suppose she and I will read it to the dog. Anyhow, click on the title of this post to take yourself to a wonderful collection of old books and their illustrations.
I'm a sucker for the illustrated.

One of the best Christmas presents I ever received was a nice leather bound copy of "A Chronicle of Friendships 1873-1900" by Will H. Low, 1908 with photos and art by its author. Great read, he was a painter and illustrator and friends with Robert Louis Stevenson and John Singer Sargent and of course the Gilders (see my website) An all around happy guy.



                                              Will as painted by himself.

No comments: