Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Beloved Publisher- A Response!



Dan,

Thank you for your e-mail and your question. The answer is that what you
are receiving for the one-hour with iUniverse is more than just the
opportunity to sign books. You will be featured in a well-known and
respected publishers' booth that is professionally staffed and designed,
with our staff not only providing you materials, but working the crowd
to get people to come have you sign their books. If you did that
yourself, with the booth, books, materials, press release and
distribution, fair tickets and banners, that cost would run around
$3,000. And you would be a one-person staff. I think the professionalism
and added credibility of being associated with iUniverse would be worth
the additional $1,000

I would be happy to answer any additional questions you may have.

Thanks,

Stephen Edds
Marketing Consultant
iUniverse
800-288-4677, ext. 5530
stephen.edds@iuniverse.com
 

Hmm, Let's see... $4,000.00 x 16 (the number of authors they are planning to book throughout the two days, I would guess) =$64,000.00.
For their professional booth. The hosts wear ties?  This ain't bad, I should start a vanity press and say I'm a professional. You want to know why I think iUniverse relocated to Bloomington- because its a liberal arts school. Just think about who you are paying to have your book edited by "Professionals."  When I was in Bloomington, working my way through school in 1970-71, I was making $1.75 an hour as a "Professional"

No comments: