Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My Beloved Publisher




I looked on their Web Site to see the cost for this. $4,000.00 (or rather $3,999.00) so I wrote them an email back, asking if I can buy a entire booth for two days for $1,200.00 why would I want to buy an hour from them at three times the cost. They've not responded. If the rest of the world hasn't noticed, Xlibrus and iUniverse have the same address now, maybe they did all along and I just didn't notice. Bloomington Indiana - my home town.

I had asked them in the first spring after I published with them if I could pay them to nominate me to the National Book Award. It took them a month to get back and tell me no. I guess that was just too crass, even for a vanity press who over charges for a book signing

Be featured at the LA Times Festival of Books with an exclusive book signing

Present your book to more than 130,000 book lovers.



Dan,
Interact with thousands of publishers, agents, readers, bookstore buyers, librarians and media from all around the world at the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books. For the 2010 festival, a limited number of iUniverse authors will have an exclusive opportunity to participate in one of two book signing packages. With more than 130,000 book enthusiasts and professionals expected to attend, call us today and you can become part of the largest and most prestigious book festival in the United States.
Choose from two iUniverse book signing packages at the LA Times Festival of Books:


  • One-Hour Book Signing 
    You will have 75 copies of your book, as well as customized bookmarks and flyers to sign and give away for promotion
  • One-Hour Book Signing and Author Video 
    Along with your book signing, give your audience a professionally produced look inside your story with a personalized Author Video filmed after your signing
Call 1.800.AUTHORS today and we'll help you determine which book signing option will best fit your promotional goals for your book. Space is limited and expected to fill up quickly.
Regards,


Your iUniverse Marketing Consultants
marketingservices@iuniverse.com
1.800.AUTHORS

P.S. The 2010 LA Times Festival of Books will be held on the UCLA campus grounds on April 24 & 25. Find out more about the iUniverse LA Times  Book Signing options on our Web site.

*Your title must be live in order to purchase a Book Signing at the LA Times Festival of Books.  Books in production are not eligible.

No comments: