Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Guys


This is an old picture. Four of the guys here have gotten their Eagle and are about to go to college or are in college. My son had gotten his about a year and a half before this picture which explains why he and I weren't in it. Still do stuff. Went last night and did a class for them for the Personal Fitness Merit Badge. I went camping with them a bit last year when we had a empty house. Probably go again when the house is empty again. I invite them all to go backpacking with me. Some of 'em came last year. I didn't get to do it when I was a kid because all the fathers in my troop quit and the troop was disbanded. I've had a great time watching my kid do it. I participated in almost everything they did for a good 5 years. Before my involvement and my involvement with basketball, I hadn't hung out with other men very much, except for my writer buddies. Most of the other people in my life were women. Guys can be good people. I've grown kind of fond of them.

No comments: