Wednesday, June 30, 2010

More Dark Side


I'm telling this way out of sequence, not sure why. In 1984, I was divorced, living in Venice, working at the Bonaventure Hotel down town and got a call at work from a sheriff in Paris Illinois where my father lived. To this day, I do not know if the call was real or my father put the guy up to it. Anyway, he said he was with the Paris Sheriff's office and they were investigating my father for the murder of his wife. I told the guy, I was sure he did it it and I proceeded to tell him about the beatings of my mother and the obsessive tracking of her after their divorce and how she got a restraining order against him. I called back and checked him out and he was legit, but that doesn't mean my father hadn't convinced him of something. My father was an insurance claim investigator on the side and had access to personal credit records and had friends in the police force.  I talked to him once more and didn't get any information from him about what was happening. I alerted all of my siblings and mother. If he had killed once, he could decide to do the rest of us in. I spent a month watching every time I walked out my door.
When OJ got arrested, I knew. I had grown up with the creep.

No comments: