Friday, June 4, 2010

Famous Banjo Companions

Blue Period with Banjo, 1980, Polaroid ER print, 24 x 20 inches, by William Wegman (American, b. 1943). Collection of Emily Todd. Photo © Rick Gardner, courtesy Contemporary Arts Museum Houston. 

We have an old lab who looks a little like this, but more gray now, who comes out to lay on carpet and listens to me practice every night from around 9:30ish to whenever I stop. Usually I have to wake her up to tell her its time to go in to bed. And she reluctantly gets up and follows me out. Don't know if she likes the music or I'm the last one up doing something and she feels morally obligated to give me support or company. I thinks its mostly because sometimes I share snacks with her. 

She used to like to howl along with harmonicas and saxophones. She doesn't sing along with me.

You would think the banjo would cheer her up as it does me, but she has always looked sad somehow.

   

No comments: