Saturday, December 11, 2010

Old People

This me sitting down in the middle. We played and played and sounded pretty good. The lady over to the left is the real banjo player, but she don't play loud like I'm getting. I'm even singing. The audience is all of our parents, our uncles, our aunts, our mothers, ourselves. I will probably be here one of the days- (god forbid) - I told my King Lear daughter that if she stays around she will be cursed with us. Me calling her on the phone, saying, can you come over and remind me what it was I was doing. My chief concern is the feet. Can you get them cut off and they give you artificial ones so you can continue to walk? Probably not huh? Anyway, its Christmas and I'm loving this. Even organized a Christmas lunch at work and some of us are going to play and sing and - god there is joy- even if there ain't a god. Why didn't I start doing this at 20 when I thought I wanted to. May you be as happy as I am right now.
 

No comments: