Sunday, December 19, 2010

Been One of Those Weeks

What can I say? Work has not been pleasant. I try. It's raining here, has been for several days and will continue for several more. Two of the bears are home. One more coming on Tuesday. The music really is the saving grace these days. I highly recommend it. The hopes are that I will get good enough to play alone and not sound like a dummy, that the finger exercises every day will keep the arthritis away, and my brain won't get lost as bad circulation takes it all away slowly. Over on campus where I worked before (in another universe far far away) we were having a large Holiday lunch out at a restaurant and joking around and one of my peers said she felt like she had a target on her back. I told her that there was medication for that. The entire table looked at me. I remind myself of it now. You can bust your butt, be ten times better than the whole world, be polite and friendly and helpful, don't argue with a soul and still be thrown out with the trash. They laid off the chief IT guy at the Bonaventure years ago and when he asked why, he was told it was because he made the most money in his department. What will be will be. I'm going to work on my play and practice my banjo and kiss my family. Fuck 'em. 

No comments: