Wednesday, May 12, 2010

More Tales of Venice

It started with this guy. We had an upstairs two room apartment in the back (a 1/2 block up from the Venice Boardwalk) and we first became aware of how much we could hear from the apartment below because this guy was having an afternoon thing with the girl that lived below us. He's been a fixture on the Boardwalk for a 1000 years. Very loud lover as well. Reminded me of an opera singer in a boarding house near the IU campus who came with arias. This guy moved on I think. The girl didn't Late one night there was a sream and then nothing else, so we thought maybe it was her just having a good time. (Lesson: don't cry wolf, I guess) Anyway the next morning it turned out that she had been raped at gunpoint and the guy (not the one above) stole her wallet and her keys and ran out. The building guy was slow on getting the locks changed and guess what- the bad guy came back. The girl had gotten a big dog in the meantime and at midnight there's a scream and the dog barking like mad, so I slip on my jeans and run down stairs to make sure she's all right. I'm in the middle of the stairs
and at the bottom, running out is this guy with a gun.
I put up my hands and he runs out the front door. And a second later another neighbor from upstairs comes down with his gun. I was blessed that one was fast and one was slow or I would have been in the middle. The girl's dog had scared off the guy. The locked were changed the next morning.

1 comment:

catalina hotels said...

Haha oh my that is Venice for you. I see the guy on rollerblades all the time. He is a character.