Friday, May 28, 2010

Like Watching Your Dog Die

Well, the verdict is in. The bike frame is cracked -in several places- particularly in the front which would make me go:
if it broke apart. There's a hill I zoom down every morning that would hurt a great deal if I had to slide down face first. I've had it for almost twenty years. I got it right after the twins were born, there was a place up in Hollywood that was having a sale on large frame bikes. I've ridden it all over kingdom come. Probably have 100,000 miles on it. 

It's predecessor was given away to a homeless guy, but I can't really give this one away. Someone could get hurt. Can you bury a bike? Are there bike cemeteries? Maybe I can turn it into a lawn sculpture.


  This one is in the Danube. If I did this here, they would say I'm littering or dumping illegally. I ordered a cheap bike with an even larger frame from a place on the internet- I'll let you know how that goes. But the dead one was pretty much purchased the same way- based on its size and cheap price. 

No comments: