Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saturday Morning

The routines of our lives. I no longer seem able to sleep past 7:00 am, even if it's a Saturday. Of course the dog helps. She bugs us until we are both up and on the coach reading the morning paper and having coffee. This is what we have done for the last twenty years. Why aren't we in our usual place? Then we shower and eat a bit and I go scoop up her weekly leavings because the gardener comes on Saturday about noon and they won't clean up after your dog, they just mow over it. Usually, these days my buddy and I go off to Long Beach to play music in a big circle in the park for a couple of hours. It's quiet around here. No other bodies snoring in bedrooms.

Went down to Chapman U last night to see the University Choir that my bear sings in. Great music, funny conductor, marvelous voices. If you ever get a chance.

All is calm in this part of the world.

   

No comments: