Friday, February 25, 2011

Goofing on Saturday Morning

That's Dan and me posing for the only photo from last Saturday's Meet-up. It's his banjo, and I can't play left handed. It's Friday night again. I'm going tomorrow to play with "Sawtooth" at a Convalescent Home in Long Beach. Maybe I'll get somebody to video it for me. Played Wednesday night again at the open mic- did a tape of that, but I ain't gonna put it up. Not enough ohmp in my singing to make it entertaining yet. Got to work on that. They are laughing at my jokes however. Got a new one for next Wednesday. Wrote a new song last Sunday. Maybe...maybe. Kinda want to write something. The new book is not ready for take off yet. Should be reading my buddy's novel- should be working on the closet doors that have been sitting out here my studio for three months.  We're going to our first Squaredancing Square Dance tomorrow night. It's raining here in LA again. Got a 40 mile ride with Scouts on Sunday. Should be reading the 1000s of pages my writer's group is sending me. Should plan and work and get ready. Think I'll go play the banjo for a while.

Reading the last of the Calvino today. Its a collection of three novellas that I hadn't read: The Watcher, Smog and something about an angry ant- its at work in my desk, so I'm not sure.

As life goes, I'm finishing off the works of my favorites. This is it for him. He's dead, can't write no more.
Maybe I'll work up a list of finished with: Did I do that all ready?
Flaubert, Faulkner, Hemingway, Steinbeck, Frisch, Sherwood Anderson, James Agee, Keasey,
Not as many as I thought.   

No comments: