Friday, February 4, 2011

Done

The play is the thing. Mine is done -as far as I can take it right now. Going to find a theater company to work on it from here. I found one in Santa Monica that I'm going to visit on the 14th. Its the story of Charlie & Patty- a love story. To be honest the play started as a dream years ago. In the dream the guy was thrown out of the apartment building and the front gate was locked and I was one that had to stand out front and tell him what we had done. The first go through with it had a a guy as the lead, the divorced father of the the 15 year old girl who had moved into the building where his daughter and ex-wife lived to try to reconnect with them. And of course the evil drug lord and pimp that lived upstairs. It never quite worked. When I was taking a Playwriting class at USC 18 years ago, I took the character out completely and started with the 15 year old girl. The first half worked pretty well, but I had no ending. Now I have an ending, and all the rest of it. I think it's pretty good. And a different kind of story. Everyone is gonna think it's my fantasy of getting the young girl even though you are an old fart. We know I don't write like that.

I printed out a couple of copies. It looks good printed.

No comments: