Monday, February 28, 2011

Just a bit awkward

http://www.deargirlsaboveme.com
This is a photo from the above blog- funny stuff. I went out to hop on my bike for a 40 mile ride with the Boy Scouts on Sunday morning and discovered I had a flat and about 15 minutes to change it, if I decided to. It seemed too hard. So I put air in my daughter's bike- also oiled the chain and off I went. I'm a big guy and have a big bike with a big frame. Hers was normal sized, but with the cruising handlebars my knees didn't hit anything at least. The legs cramps at 9:00 pm last night were the most negative part of it. It was a bit larger than this one.

Played with Sawtooth on Saturday morning at a Convalescent Home. I took my little video thing with me and set it up on a ladder to film us. Guess what? You can't see me in this one either. I told the singer to move toward me a bit so he wouldn't be out of frame and when he moved, his music stand was in front of me. The same thing happened last Sunday night, when the band I sort of manage played at Boulevard Music in Culver City. Most of the audience couldn't see me and the little bit of the video that did get taken doesn't include any of me. I sit down when I play. If I stand up, I'm 6'8" and will be the center of attention whether I am or not. I was trying to do my part for the folks I playing with.

I just ordered this today:
I ain't gonna put in all this work so nobody can see me. This should put me at eye level with everyone that's standing up.




No comments: