Monday, November 1, 2010

Images of Survival

This is Matisse, if you don't know. Outside the children's ward at Cedars Sinai Hospital there was a very large bowl of goldfish. I relieved the ex- to take Heather out in a wheelchair with the IV dangling to visit them every evening. We gave them names. Then I got sick myself and couldn't go any more. We had hepatitis- I was the last one to come down with it. They made me leave work because I had come in with yellow skin and eyes. Everyone in the large accounting office had to get gamma globulin shots. When I recovered and returned the boss told me I was a pain in the ass, literally. The Sikh ladies in the house tried to feed me Beet Casserole and got mad because I lit up in the middle of the day in my room, because I was too weak to get up and go outside.

No comments: