Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How Many Dead?

Relatives are easy, three Great-Grandmothers, two Great-Uncles and one Great Aunt, both Grandmothers and Grandfathers, one Father, one Uncle, one Sister, two Step-Fathers. Friends: Fred in New Orleans, Bill Little and probably Jody Miller in junior high & high school before we graduated. Wally Ervin a year after, under a city dump truck that backed over him. Chris Palmer and Judy Liggott's musician boyfriend here in Los Angeles. A Niece. Probably some of the older people that I knew in the Chamber Pot Society here in LA. The girl that shot her brains out in New Orleans. A Boy Scout in our Troop that shot himself. I cried at my Grandmother's funeral when I was 12. I can't remember ever crying again, except when I visited my older brother's grave after my father died. I forgot him, a brother. I've had impressions of my sister from time to time late at night. Particularly when I was up in Portland trying to make her last wishes happen. I'd like to see Fred and my sister again. The niece was gone too early too. Wally and I played pool, he didn't deserve what he got. The Boy Scout should have been saved somehow. I was there when one Step-Father died, went to his and Al's (the other Step-dad) funerals. Made it to my sister's memorial service. Went to the Boy Scout's Funeral. Oh, there was Colleen Hauser, but I didn't go to the funeral. I didn't visit her in the hospital either. (She was the first girl I ever kissed.) She deserved better. John and his boyfriend next door in Venice. My father and mother-in-laws. Aunt Rita, my wife's aunt.

That's probably enough for a while, I want graduations and weddings and other things to happen. There's gonna be one more that I know is approaching. I gotta call her more.

No comments: