Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Big House


A friend, years ago, who had a bigger house than mine, told me that something is always broken. You just have to get used to the awareness that there will always be something in the house that needs your attention. We don't have a mansion, but we do have a lot of space and we spent the last two days painting two large rooms and two hallways. I'm exhausted and we are still not done. I'm the ceiling trim man: I'm tall, but I also have a very steady hand, so I've always been able to paint trim without assistance from the things everyone else uses. What I discovered is that we very several little families of spiders living in the corners of our big rooms. They are little spiders,
not sure if they are of this family, but they look similar, but they are tiny and move fast. When I arrived with paintbrush mostly they scurried away and disappeared I know not where, probably into the attic. I have always thought that spiders in the house was a good thing, they eat the other insects that might wander in. I know under there house there are plenty. We don't get bit.

So we are a part of the ecosystem at my house. The song above is "The Dance of The Wee Folk"

No comments: