Thursday, February 23, 2012


With apologies to Mr. Smith. What music really is, is listening. Craig and I did an open mic at Boulevard Music Sunday night. Musically, I'm barely there, but I think we did all right because I bowed to his rhythm and he bowed to my melody. This is where the beauty of it is- in the listening to those that are playing along side you. What a wonderous thing. To be together. This is, for me, like a blossoming flower. I've been in my room for 30 years working on my melodies of prose, and suddenly to find it can be done with others. I ran into the drummer that was with the featured group that played the same venue, and he raved at me about how good we were. Gary, the owner of Boulevard Music stared at me for the remainder of the evening. I assume it was ok. There seems to be something about my voice that connects. I do get it, but then again, I never got a lot things, until later, like women. It's listening. I'm excited. The new guy and I (I've just invited a new guy into the band) already have been playing together well at the Saturday morning jam) and I'm interested in moving forward with this concept. Maybe they will find me, as one of my readers keeps saying to me.

No comments: