Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Banjo version


This is getting probably too technical for the non-musicians out there. But I want you to know this is so far away from what I have the ability to do that I will probably have to practice this for a year to play it with any kind of ease. But if you don't start, how will you get there? I decided about three years ago, before I was playing in front of people that I was going to learn the chords to "Working On The Railroad" I never did actually ever play the song. (I might be able to now) but I practiced and practiced those chords very slowly. Suddenly a year or so ago, an A7 appeared and I could play it. (You have to have very large hands to play an A7 on a banjo) Anyway, I'm carrying these to the banjo teacher tomorrow night and asking 'How would you finesse this with my old man fingers. I'll let you know what he says.

No comments: