Monday, February 6, 2012

What I really wanted to talk about


There is a lady, say her name is Hazel. She is originally from somewhere in Africa. She migrated here, raised her children and is a registered nurse and a citizen of the US. Sixty something. Came to a Square Dance that my wife and I attended, because an older white guy who knew her from church had invited her along. She knew how to Square Dance. She fixated on me because I have a a band and perform regularly. She wants to be a singer. She has had no formal musical training to sing. She works Weekends  and nights, and only gets off once a month on Saturday or Sunday. She wants to join the band. She has hired a voice teacher to help her sing. She calls me and wants to know if she can sing with the band. I tell her she can't show up when the band performs, how can she sing with the band? She wants to know how she can sing. Somehow I get volunteer to take her to an open jam in Long Beach on a Saturday morning the one morning she has free in the month, so she can try singing in this jam meetup. Its doomed from the start, but I'm picking her up on the 25th to do just what I've described. Of course, if her voice is incredible, we will reevaluate this trial.

No comments: