Monday, February 27, 2012

I'm still the same guy


This is one of Helena's watercolors that the Lilly Library set up on their their site at a visual for their Gilder collection. She had a certain clumsiness, but also an eye for something. I've not seen a lot of the original work she did. Obviously, time did not consider her a great artist. But, time has neglected her early partners Maria Oakley and Molly Foote.  I've just written to the Library to start buying copies from the typed transcript of Helen's and Molly's letters. (Helena daughter typed them up.- Helena's handwriting was terrible.) The whole notion of what I've thought about has become overwhelming- a Helena biograpghy. I've decide a focus on the the years 1864 to 18974 is the starting point. There might be a entire book there. 

1 comment:

Janet Boyd Art said...

I read, "A deep sickness seized me." Found it very informative concerning historical surgery procedures. Also, I admired the woman's faith. This was an inspiration. Thanks for posting it. Jan