Thursday, February 16, 2012


Well, things continue. Had a lesson tonight. learned how to chop. I think he wants me to suddenly become wonderful. But, I came home, didn't practice any of the things I'm supposed to be practicing (like his tabs and the chord progression to that Leonard Cohen song) and practiced the two I'm playing at Boulevard Music Sunday night. And then proceeded to practice all of the songs I've written- And went back and rewrote Lorraine's song to make it work- She wrote me a poem for my 40th, that I've incorporated into a very sad song about her and her disintegration. She's bedridden in a nursing home now- with very little awareness of anything any more.  She' was cutting her poems out of stacks of literary magazines so that they would be in a scrapbook somewhere. She had forgotten she had self-published a complete collection, which I have. Have a song in my head about being reincarnated as a banjo player on the pier in 100 years. I'm going to start trying to write it again. Even the one that my friend from Sweden and I wrote is beginning to sound ok.

No comments: