Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Well, I been helpin' the poor and needy (and myself)

No pictures today.

I have spent the last two days- The Monday holiday, mind you, doing the band's business. I had a hour and a half of video from our playing at the Swap Meet in August. (I have a cool little phone looking video camera that cost a whole $125.00 that will work for a couple of hours and will auto load to Facebook and You Tube- though rather slowly) The problem was I had video and the only faces you can see are Wayne & I. Everyone else is hiding behind their music stand. So, I decided I would just steal the audio off the recording and make a CD to give away at our next performance on Sept 18th. The software for the little device is pretty cluncky for a super long  recording so I looked elsewhere. Well, Quicktime Player has a neat little Audio or music cutter that will slice your stuff up and I found a little freebee thing off the net that will convert video to audio or whatever.
So anyway, I made a CD of the band from the live stuff and all of its imperfections.

Then I had to make a presentable cover for the jewel case, which took another evening.

Then I've recruited these two women to join the band, and to work with me to work up my original songs separately from the band, because the band won't help me with the ten songs I've written now. (because absolutely none of them practice- so how could they possibly learn something they did not know.)  

I'm putting their performance at a local dive up to You Tube, so they will work with me on my own sings. All I'm trying to do is get the songs up somewhere for someone to notice, but I am not musically skilled enough to do it on my own yet.

Anyway, its an adventure. I've never been the manager of a band before.

Skills will get you places -I just have more skills to flatter folks egos than what I really need.

None of them read this, or I would probably be in deep shit.

No comments: