Monday, September 12, 2011

Another Summer Gone

Every year the Boy Scout Troop ends the summer with a Monday night bonfire at the beach here. And almost every year, I don't want to go but I do. And I stay and talk and enjoy it. Saw a Dad I worked with over on USC campus before I changed jobs. Saw the wife of the band member that died. Saw good ole Joe and his wife. And Palmer, one of my hiking buddies and Richard who's son is now 25. And the new Dads I've gotten to know. It's been a good summer- we had two graduations to start things off- a trip to the Grand Canyon and to Yosemite, music gigs and our first real Square Dances. and a birthday jam. And kids all leaving again.

So what was promised? A Merit Badge here. A bike ride there. A video and a book to a friend. A get together to jam a little over original songs.

What is there to add? May the autumn be as blessed.

No comments: