Friday, July 16, 2010

My Secret Job

I've had reoccurring dreams over the years of a job that I had, that I've forgotten that I had and then I go to the office (in my dreams) and there's a desk for me and work waiting for me. The Office is somewhere downtown LA in a large building, but its not quite like the Bonaventure Hotel (where I did work once) but in a large building nearby there that reminds one of a bank building. My boss is a lady that I worked for at VOA and who I followed to CSLA, but she is never in the dream. Last night there was a sign on the computer sitting on my desk that said "Missing." I made myself at home and started to try to figure out what I was supposed to be doing. People around me all acted as if I belonged there, but no one spoke to me. It looked like the office staff had used my desk for a birthday party -there was remains of cake crumbs and glitter. It was a little scary, because I wasn't sure of what I was supposed to be doing.

It must be similar to that dream everyone has had about a test that they forgot to study for.

It's nice to know that I will always have a job to go to.

Then again, perhaps these are dreams of the afterlife.

No comments: