Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Random Places

At twenty-two, I was working in a Printing Company in New Orleans, and made friends with Milton, who was working as a printer's devil in the same shop. I was invited over to his house. He still lived at home. His very overweight sister had a crush on me. His divorced aunt had a crush on me. I was told to stay away from her, but not the sister. He had a cousin who was a Playboy Bunny. We would all go out to Lake Pontchartrain and sail little one man sail boats out the lake. It looked like this. It was great fun. The water was like glass most of the time. I flirted with the Playboy Bunny, who obviously believed I was white trash. There were houses out there built out in the lake on poles with wide verandas. I said for years, I was going back and buy a house out there and sit in my rocker and crack crab. The houses were probably wiped away in Katrina. What I wouldn't give to be out there right now in that little boat.

No comments: