Sunday, September 19, 2010

Paris Spleen

This is Paris after all. Just finished Baudelaire's Paris Spleen. The last of his work it looks like. The real inspiration that probably help create Borge's "Labyrinths" and Calvino's "Cosmicomics" and who knows, maybe "Tales From The White Hart" (Arthur C Clark) I like it better than "Flowers of Evil"

Went today to play 'come to jesus' music at a church in Long Beach. It was a circle just to play old time music. Rocky Top was thrown in there. I thought we were going to have a audience, but it was just for the fun of it for the musicians. My buddy asked on the way home 'What would heaven be, if it could be whatever you wanted it to be?' I described Samoa. And then I thought of Paris and Venice and San Francisco. Perhaps Paris with a beach and palm trees.
I'd highly recommend it. Then it occurred to me that heaven needed a lot of good books (leather bound with gilded page edging) and a lot of good music. There is something to be said for sitting around singing all day long. Yep, Paris with a beach and good bookstores. Maybe ole Chuck here sharing a brandy in a little bistro.

No comments: