Sunday, September 12, 2010

One With The Universe

That's me trying to tune me banjo with 20 musicians playing nearby. The little electronic turner was going haywire. I finally borrowed someone else's and hid behind a tree. Every time you put the banjo in the case and carry it somewhere, it needs to be re-tuned. Such is life. When the kids were small, I'd put on a fake Indian
Guru accent and tell them how they had to become one with the universe. To reach nirvana, they had to give up earthly things and eat only rotten vegetables and bathe in filthy rivers. This is why my children are slightly warped.

When you start counting up reciprocity from your friends, you realize that maybe it means something else. Why do you count now, and you didn't count before. Why are there certain friends that you never expect anything from in return? And why are there some that after years there are still expectations no matter what? I think I'm out of tune.

No comments: