Monday, October 5, 2009

West Hollywood Book Fair

It was a great day. The weather was good. The sun only hit the front of my booth for about an hour in the morning, just enough to set up my California tan. Blue Johnson, sat with me all day. A great guy, a musician and band manager and a great photographer. His photo book about the hill tribe people on Thailand was very cool. Sparked a lot of interest from people strolling. I passed out about 60 flyers for my book and gave away about 50 ebook copies and sold some. I was also peddling a friend's biography of Hal Marchman recently published. The people came by were all fun to talk to. Lots of folks with self-published projects and even a lady that works in stone. Next time, I need to get folks' names and contacts so I could post them here. I was giving away one of my prints as well that was popular. We were between the panel discussion tent and the Poetry Salon Tent so we got a lot of traffic while the events were in progress.
Even sold some of my used and rare books I had brought. Had a two volume bio of Bach written by Albert Schweitzer that the perfect owner showed for.

No comments: