Friday, October 9, 2009

Rejections

Thinking about my problem with the dog, it occurred to me that we are inclined to hurt other human beings in much more inhumane ways than how we treat animals.  How many times have has one been rejected in one lifetime? How many times have you rejected others?

There can be big rejections- like divorce or murder. And little ones as simple as removing your hand from someone else's. I've quit a relationship as simply as that.

My mother had to be driven from the house at gunpoint- after years of abuse. I've probably rejected more people in my life than most, probably as a reaction to that. Several lovers, a wife, several good friends, a couple once because I couldn't deal with the wife trying to seduce me behind her husband's back.

Some rejections are mutual. Those are probably the easiest ones to remember.

How many are just imagined? How many rejections never really happened, we just think they did. 

No comments: