Thursday, October 15, 2009

Coop Table at LA Times Book Festival

This was the response from "pa-la.org" as a result of my asking to pass out a come-on to their members for a coop table for the LA Times Fair in April of 2010. He wants to see how big my house is, I guess. I also listed it on the GLAWS Bulletin Board and they immediately reminded me that they have a table.  IWOSC was forwarding it to their President for review, they also reminded me that they have a table. Since this guy is in IWOSC as well. I will probably not get it seen there either. I looked up the Lifetime Achievement Foundation he says he is a Director of and its basically a come-on site for his own books and plays. Welcome to the world of the writer's hype. I thought I'd just go over to next month's meeting and put it on everybody's windshield. 
 

Dan:
I will discuss this with Sharon later today.  My inclination is negative until I see a fully operational website, and confirm successful statistics.  I am always looking for ways to promote our member publishers, but I am very careful about costs versus success.  I know you understand.
Can you direct me to a working website and send successful statistics that can be confirmed?  A one-page powerpoint does not tell me anything.

Thanks.

Best,

Gary Young
Executive Director, Lifetime Achievement Foundation (lifetimeachievement.org)
President, Publishers Association of Los Angeles (pa-la.org)
Director of Professional Development, Independent Writers of S CA (iwosc.org)
Vice-Chair, Alliance of Los Angeles Playwrights (laplaywrights.org)


No comments: