Saturday, January 25, 2014

Nice Nice Day even if I'm nuts

Tips from Dana Point Farmer's Market. The guy next to me was selling Free Range Chicken Eggs. Anything over 30 bucks is a good day. They want me back for next Saturday. I got there and found my tuner dead in the water. I was out of tune and after fiddling with it for 20 minutes, I got it somewhere that it sounded all right to play except for an A chord. Played three hours with something slightly out of kelter. Who knows what key I was in. Everybody liked me. My hand was shook. As long as it sounds semi-ok, its a banjo after all. I was asking everyone I saw if they played. I was hoping someone might walk by that could tune by ear.
Anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Snark tuner, extra battery in the gig bag, stop by McCabe's and have 'em show you how to tune by ear (although that dang B string is always a tough one).

Glad it was a good gig with more to follow!