Thursday, January 2, 2014

Other Come-ons

I had sent this just before our Christmas break. As I've not heard from her, I assume she's not interested- or she may be on vacation. Will probably get a response sometime in February. Could be a perfect place to play. There is absolutely no one around at 5-6pm on a Friday night.


Dear Ms. Jacobs,

I live near the Promenade in Westchester. I know that you have hosted music in your outdoor area occasionally. I'm interested in producing a weekly performance series in the spring once it warms up. I have sound equipment to accommodate a smallish venue performance and am interested in working with young Los Angeles talent. Most young talent would perform at no cost with the idea of selling cds and/or tshirts or just working for tips. I am willing to organize and provide sound for free. I'm also a performer and would be interested in performing myself as a small piece of the series. Your ability to advertise the events incorporated into your own media outreach would be a important boon. It might be advantageous to be able to store sound equipment on location there.

The series would open to all styles of music, but I'm inclined toward acoustic folk, jazz, mellow pop and smaller groups. One would screen for acceptability and ability and music that a large age range would find enjoyable.

I've done this kind of thing before in a couple of clubs and I was working with the Westchester First Fridays Food Truck event for a while in a similar capacity.

I'm 60, work for USC in the Marina as a Business Manager, married with grown children and own a house in Westchester.

The price of this could only be a win-win for everyone.

Thanks for your consideration.

Dan McNay
310-448-8215
310-337-7229

No comments: