Sunday, February 2, 2014

Ouch


So halfway through the gig in San Clemente, I set the poor thing down on the stand I got, got up, hooked the strap with my foot and threw the poor thing face down on the sidewalk. It broke off the the top bridge on my first string. Fooling aroung with it, the only thing to do was to pull the first string over to the second notch and retune. The only problem was playing anything above the fifth fret because the strings were too close. So I'm looking for easy four chord songs because I can bar chord the C and the D up the neck- and the A & B worked as bar chords/ So at the end of the day, a 12-year old comes over who plays guitar and writes her own songs and wants to know if playing the banjo is mostly bar chords. I showed her my poor banjo neck. I could have used all those triads I was supposed to be learning. Guess what I'm working on now. McCabe's in the morning for getting him fixed.




No comments: