Saturday, May 21, 2011

Useless Folks

(n) A useless, shady, deceitful person who is so unreliable and selfish they cause you much anger and frustration. A Flake's only agenda is what they want to do. They have a weak character, often the products of bad parenting/spoiling kids. A Flake will make plans, never attend, and give no reason for their absence, even after they spent hours calling, texting, or emailing you. Flakes try to manipulate everybody, and sometimes are not the idiots they appear to be. A Flake often has little to no real friends due to their erratic behavior. You can never rely on a Flake. When questioned about their behavior, a Flake just gives up on the relationship and moves on to another person. Flakes can't get by in the real world and often act immature beyond their years, causing them to be labeled as "useless" human beings.


Discovering that middle-aged musicians can be the worst. They all think they are the star. They are all freaked out by playing in front of people. And eventually they talk themselves out of doing things because its out of their comfort zone. And they justify it as 100 other things. I'm getting tired of stroking these egos to try to keep things together.
I'm close to quitting- this is becoming just too much work.


I ask everyone if they want to do a gig. They all say yes, then when its time to do it, they all have ambivalent feelings and half drop out. None of them have looked at my written songs that I've offered them for free. But I've accommodated a lot of stupid requests to learn and perform old chestnuts. 


I think I need to rethink what I am doing and who I am doing it with. And none of them read this blog.
    

No comments: